2010年12月21日星期二

he Corum 285-180-20-0F71-EB40R Men's watch said he was good at this

As lap one of three concludes, I’m quickly imploding. I wonder if I really could barf up my heart. “Did that dude just pass me on a cross bike?” I ask myself, incredulous. End of lap two, I’m in tatters, lungs on fire, legs in hell, cursing my choice of bike, just in sight of the guy in front of me, and in last place. Lap three... the aftermath of Leadville gets the best of me and it’s game over. I lose touch with everyone. My family wondering if I’m OK.: “Jeez, he Corum 285-180-20-0F71-EB40R Men's watch said he was good at this.” Immediate lessons I learned here: 1) I’m not all that fast; and 2) Never race a singlespeed again.The conclusion of the race effortlessly gives way to introductions, brews, stories.

Fortunately I’d kept my Broadway Joe swagger to myself. It is with this “fond” memory of singlespeed racing that I mull over my decision to race the Breck Epic on a Spot 29er singlespeed. Race with a good buddy? Check. Chance to write about it? Check. Cool event? Check plus. Singlespeed belt drive? What the ? Don’t bikes need chains? Singlespeeds, racing and Summit County seem as intelligent a combo as liquor, matches and gasoline. Corum 285-150-20-B100-EB40R Men's watch Twenty-niner wheels? What’s the deal with those weirdo big wheels anyway? Do I have to grow some angry-dude beard and wear knee socks to ride this bike? Of course. I’m totally in.And yet this damn-the-torpedoes attitude gets me into trouble.

Hell be adding his particularly twisted take to the altitude-induced madness with three pre-race blog articles, then one each day once the festivities begin. Jeff, in a moment of delerium, has agreed to race on a Spot Bikes belted singlespeed.May I present... PRE-RACE : VOL. 1 2009, By Jeff CarterLessons Learned “Where’s Uncle Jeff?” I heard Corum 285-150-20-0F15-FZ50R Men's watch my four-year-old nephew ask as I crest the meadow hill – dead last in a six-person field in the weekly local race, happening just steps from the farmhouse where I was vacationing with my family in Western Mass.